Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good Books

Some books which I am itching to Own:

The Mahabharata: A Modern Rendering, Vol 1 (Paperback) by Ramesh Menon (Author)

Noorjahan, empress of Mughal India by by Ellison Banks

The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sundaresan

Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote

Rethinking the Mahabharata by Alf Hiltebeitel

Next Door stories by Jahnavi Barua

The Immortals by Amit Chaudhari

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

The Mahabharata by Meera Uberoi

The women of the Mahabharata by Badrinath Chaturvedi

Radheya (Hindi): Period Novel on Mahabharata's Karna by Ranjit Desai

Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow

Reading Lolita In Tehran by Azar Nafisi

The Wet Nurse by Mahasweta Devi

In Other Rooms, Other Wonders by Daniyal Mueenuddin

Dreams Die Young By C.V. Murali

Why I assassinated Mahatma Gandhi

Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

A Princess Remembers: The Memoirs of the Maharani of Jaipur

7 comments:

  1. I have

    Breakfast at Tiffany’s
    The Immortals &
    Lolita

    In fact picked the last 2 this Monday and I also picked My Last Assassin by Tarun Tejpal & The Long Walk Home by Manreet Sodhi Someshwar (her 1st books had impressed me a lot)

    The Memoirs of the Maharani of Jaipur is Gayatri Devi's book na?? Have been reading the excerpts from it in all leading newspapers and now even am itching to pick it. hehehe guess our desire is insatiable!!!

    Wish u get these books very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind sharing with me your Annual Budget for books ! I think I will have to take up a night job to support buying more and more books.

    Tell me, how are these books? Good ones?

    I also got intrigued with Gayatri Devi's book. Sure, I'm getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see a lot of Mahabharata in that list. would recommend 'Mritunjay' and 'Yugandhar' by Shivaji Savant as must reads. the first one more s.

    glad to find a book lover in this online chaos.

    :)

    happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks adee, already got Mrityunjaya, itching for 'Yugandhar' and there is a Marathi book on Duryodhan by Kaka Vidhate. Only if I could get a translation. Besides, also not getting 'Parva'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading books ever since I was a little kid. Now that I am a father myself, I encourage my kids to read good books. There are a lot of good books to read like the Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter or those which are written by Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Good Books...Even I have been reading since I was quite young but I still feel I should have started earlier or may be introduced to these wonderful books much before than I discovered them! I have still not read so many classics!

    ReplyDelete