Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reading: Marriage Bureau for Rich People by Farahad Zama

I first came across this book in one of the magazines, and it definitely aroused curiosity. As luck would have it, one of my friends picked it up. I have just started it, so review will come later but the beginning had that warm, familiar feeling of everything Indian. That is the best thing about Indian English fiction, you totally relate to it - no pan-cakes, no divorces at the drop of the hat, no frivolous dating!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Have read & reviewed this. One of those books which unravels at its own sweet pace but doesn't let you down. Dunno why but i associate the book with summer season & vacation hehehe... I guess it has gotta do with the feel of the book. Happy reading !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I read the review at your Blog as well. And guess what, I ordered 4 of your recommended books!

    ReplyDelete